The death of a loved one is associated with grief and pain. At the same time, one is confronted with numerous formalities. The following information is intended to help you take the necessary steps with the Novartis Pension Funds.
You may report the death of a retiree in writing or by telephone. Once the death has been reported, the pensions consultant assigned to you will contact you in writing and inform you of the next steps.
The current pension of the Novartis Pension Funds will be paid out for the last time for the month in which the death occurred.
The pensions consultant of Novartis Pension Funds will be happy to inform you about the requirements for claiming entitlement.
The provisions of the law regarding pension payments are as follows.
- Spouse’s pension (where applicable also for divorced persons)
- Domestic partner’s pension
- Orphan’s pension
Lump sum payments
If an insured person dies before reaching the age of 65, a lump sum on death will be paid out to the beneficiary.
The provisions for spouses also apply by analogy to persons in a registered partnership as defined in the Partnership Act (PartG).
In order to close the employee account and share deposit in case of death the following documents are needed:
- Confirmation of inheritance, letter of authorization or letter of administrator of will
- Written order with signature and instructions for transfer of balance. Multiple beneficiaries: order with signatures of all beneficiaries of the inheritance
Following options are available
- Transfer of balance to private bank or post finance account
- Transfer of balance to another Novartis employee account (widow or widower)
- For shares in the EquatePlus account please get in touch with the Contact Centre of Equatex directly: Phone + 800 4020 0035
Contact Novartis Employee Account
Novartis Business Services
People & Organization Services Switzerland
Employee Accounts & Shares
+41 61 324 00 25